Wednesday, November 10, 2010

17 weeks and earlier

Well I know I am starting this a little late but I figured it was the best way for everyone to be involved no matter where you live!

This week I am 17 weeks and feeling great! My previous weeks of pregnancy have also been smooth sailing. We had our first ultrasound at 11 weeks and it was testing for down syndrome. At the appt. the baby was still for most of the time but when the tech made my belly move, so did the baby. It was doing flips and showing us its behind and even waved to us! It was amazing! I went back 4 weeks later for the 2nd part of the down syndrome test and it was just a tube of blood drawn. All results came back and everything is A OK! The chances for me are 1 and 1000. Very good news!

My last appt was on Nov 2nd and my Dad came with me since Mark couldn't get out of work. It was a routine appointment, i go every 4 weeks. They check blood pressure, urine and listen to the heartbeat. It was neat to see my Dads smiling face when the baby was kicking and you could hear the heartbeat! Just to think there is someone really growing inside of me!

I still look in the mirror everyday and think....WOW....it still hasn't hit me yet! I am going to be a mom and Mark is going to be a Dad!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Steph and Mark, this is such a great idea. I love the pic you posted of yourself at 14 weeks. You look beautiful. It is such an exciting time for both of you. When Mark and I went to the hockey game, I can tell he is so excited to become a dad and he loves you so much. I am so happy for you both. I will keep popping in to see updates. Love you both. Kimmy and Michael

    ReplyDelete


18 weeks

16 weeks

14 weeks